As well as bespoke recycling operations, Electrical Waste offers a unique service via its sister electrical wholesale business, CEF. Together we have 390 collection points across the UK via the CEF network. CEF is the only electrical wholesaler in the UK with it’s own recycling facility, providing customers with the ultimate recycling service. This means that you and your company can easily comply with all current legislation in a single, simple service.
We cover every waste item included in the WEEE directive including lamps and we provide a battery facility too. Each CEF branch provides a fully licensed drop off point for waste and we provide all the necessary paperwork which we will retain for you for the three years required by law.
Every product that operates using electricity or a battery is covered in our offer and we provide the quickest nationwide collection service in the market place.
Our goal is to keep you compliant in the simplest and most efficient way!
Waste Electrical Recycling
With the simplest and most compliant system for WEEE disposal and recycling in the marketplace, our treatment facility is recognised as a benchmark best practice installation.
Flat Panel Display Recycling
Setting new standards others thought impossible, our BATRRT compliant FPD recycling process can recycle displays at a rate of one every six seconds.
Lampcare Recycling are the largest recycler and collector of lamps in the UK. The company have the most advanced high volume equipment for lamp recycling and own three mercury distillation plants.
Electrical Waste has its own Battery recycling company that accepts every battery type and provides a fully compliant audit trail to its clients.
Recycling Compliance Service
We provide a complete compliance scheme: our membership includes a large variety of companies, large and small, based in the UK and internationally, placing both Household and Non-Household EEE on the market.
Secure Asset Disposal
Our secure data and asset disposal service provides a complete solution to data and identity theft.
- The 2007 WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Regulations, recast in 2013 places a requirement on all businesses to correctly store, transport and dispose of their electrical wastes
- All wastes operating with a plug or by battery require storage in an appropriate waterproof container on your own site (if you employ any staff)
- Hazardous WEEE (including lamps, batteries, TV and computer monitors and fridges) all require government consignment notes (England and Wales) and pre-notification documents (Scotland) to accompany them during transportation
- Anyone moving such waste must carry this paperwork together with a Waste Transfer Licence
- Government documents relating to these movements and disposals must be retained by the business for 3 years
- All businesses have a duty of care to audit the company they hand their waste over to as it is their responsibility for the waste until its final resting place
- Failure to comply with these regulations can result in a fine or imprisonment
Electrical Waste and CEF has developed what is widely regarded as the best in class WEEE treatment plant and Europe’s largest lamp recycling plant. The UK plant is the only site licensed and able to mechanically process flat screen TV and computer monitors we process one every five seconds, the rest of the industry take 15 minutes per set manually... our site is like no other.
We are proud of our business. In 2014 we won the National Recycling Award for Efficiency for the way we process our waste and in 2015 we won the National Recycling Award for Innovation for the way we deal with the ever growing mountain of flat panel display screens.
Everything we do is approved by the government agencies and we are viewed by auditors as having the best processing facility in the UK. Over the past 2 years we have trained up to 80 officers from DEFRA and the Environment Agency at our main flagship plant.
Uniquely on offer only at Electrical waste
We are the only WEEE Recycler who is licensed to process lamps and the only Lamp Recycler who have the equipment and investment to process the new LED lamps. There is nothing we cannot handle and your audit is in one location and the most seamless and transparent anywhere in the market place. CEF make it so simple and bring the service to your door.
Simpler, Better and More Compliant
We visit your premises in the same trucks, with the same compliant containers, legally approved paperwork and national licenses. All trucks have tail mounted fork lifts and our vehicles contain trackers and hand held signature capture. If you are multi sited you will get the same service at every post code. CEF provides the perfect solution for national companies and will provide consolidated audits and reporting. We don’t have a real competitor as our service is so unique and transparent!
- Staff are CRB checked and all have security passes to work on secure sites (MOD sites and airports etc.)
- Clients can witness the on site process themselves or via CCTV recording
- Option for re-use after certified data wiping and installation of software
- One service provider for WEEE recycling, IT asset management, lamp recycling and battery recycling
- Launched January 2015, IT asset disposal enhances Electrical Waste’s total WEEE solution
- On site data erasure – BLANCCO software – MOD standard
- On site destruction of devices (HDD’s, memory sticks, laptops, base units and mobile phones etc.)
- On site asset management services
- Unrivalled national collection service – Electrical Waste service approximately 390? locations nationally including Northern Ireland in a 48hr window when “competitors” failed with weeks to complete
With almost 400 branches there is a branch close to you which has the legally required three containers for electrical waste (WEEE), lamps and batteries. In addition to this, the CEF branch will have the paperwork you need to make your consignment legal and your audit trail complete. No other wholesale company can assure you that these wastes are being recycled by them all under one roof!
CEF branches can order containers for your own site as these wastes must be stored correctly and go that extra mile to provide you the simplest solution for all of your electrical waste streams.
Our customers are our lifeblood and we have built our business around you, even offering an emergency 24/7 service.